MUSICA SACRA BRATISLAVA
The 9th International Choir and Sacred Music FestivalJune 12th - 15th 2014
SLOVAKIA CANTAT 2014
24 - 27 April 2014
MUSIC FESTIVAL IN NAMESTOVO
May 16 - 18, 2014
MUSICA SACRA BRATISLAVA
June 12th - 15th 2014
YOUTH MUSIC FESTIVAL
July 10th - 13th, 27th- 30th 2014, Bratislava, Slovakia
SLOVAKIA FOLK 2014
July 3rd - 6th 2014
BRATISLAVA CANTAT I.
21st - 24th August 2014
BRATISLAVA CANTAT II.
2nd -5th october 2014
The 5th INTERNATIONAL GREGORIAN CHANT FESTIVAL
October 23rd – 26th 2014
IX. International Festival of Advent and Christmas Music
BRATISLAVA, SLOVAKIA, December 4th – 7th, 2014
BRATISLAVA MUSIC AGENCY
841 06 Bratislava 4
tel. : 00421 908 693 395 (English)
tel.: 00421 905 657 131 (Russian)
fax: 00421 2 65957054
MUSICA SACRA BRATISLAVA
International festival of choir and sacred music
12th - 15th June 2014
Info 2014 - printable version
11th - 14th June 2015
The competition is for children, youth, male, female and mixed choirs. Choirs can compete either in 1.) categories of sacred music or in 2.) categories of choir music with free choice of repertoire.
Choirs can join the festival either as non-competing choirs participating in all the performances of the festival, or as competing choirs.
Deadline for sending in applications for the festival is 1 March 2014
Applications can be sent from 1st September 2013 to 1st March 2014. The application must be filled in electronically - here: Application Form
After receiving the application form, each accepted participating group will be contacted by email and receive an official confirmation of participation.
The application shall be enclosed with the following:
- Complete application form
- Competition program (name of the composition, composer full name, length of the compositions)
- Sound record of the choir not older than 3 years (a CD or a tape)
- Choir and conductor curricula (10 lines)
- Choir and conductor photo
- 5 copies of score for competition works
- A copy of money order or bank transfer confirming payment for the festival fee.
- The competition is intended for amateur choirs
- Each choir can sing in several categories but with different program
- Competition program shall be sent in 5 copies of score and cannot be changed
- The choirs will not have possibility for acustic rehearsel
- The total duration must not exceed 15 minutes and jury will stop longer entries
- In categories A, B, C, D, E1, E2, H, I, J, K all the pieces shall be performed a cappella
- In categories F, G1, G2 minimal 2 pieces must be a capella, the rest with piano
- In categories L, M, N, O, P at least one piece must be a cappella.
- Deadline for sending application for the festival is 1 March 2013
1. Competition of sacred music
Choirs shall present a sacred music repertoire a cappella. For children and boy choirs only two compositions a cappella are obligatory, the rest of the programme can be with piano accompaniment.
The following a cappella repertoire up to 15 minutes net is compulsory
- a chorus from the period before 1600
- a chorus from the period of Romanticism (19th Century)
- a chorus of a composer born after 1920
- other works of choir´s own choice
Sacred Music Competition Categories
A: Vocal ensembles /mixed, female, male/ 6 - 15 singers
B: Chamber choirs /mixed, male, female/ 16-23 singers
C: Female and male voice choirs, minimum 24 singers
D: Mixed choirs, minimum 24 singers
E1: Youth choirs up to 25 years of age (soprano, alto)
E2: Youth choirs up to 25 years of age (soprano, alto, tenor, bass)
F1: Children choirs up to 12 years
F2: Children choirs up to 16 years
G1: Boys' choirs (soprano, alto, tenor, bass)
G2: Boys' choirs (soprano, alto)
S1: Choirs of seniors
In categories E1, E2 and F minimally 75% of singers must be under the age limit.
H: Polyphony - no category difference
A work from the period before 1600. Works of your own choice
a cappella repertoire up to 12 minutes netto
I: Contemporary music - no category difference
A work by a composer born after 1950. Works of your own choice
A cappella repertoire up to 12 minutes netto
J: Spiritual, gospel - no category difference
Works of your own choice
A cappella repertoire up to 12 minutes netto (no microphone)
K: Orthodox Church music - no category difference
Works of your own choice
A cappella repertoire up 15 minutes netto
X: Non-competing choirs
2. Choir competition categories
At least one piece in the competition programme must be a cappella. Other pieces can be with piano. Time limit is 15 min music time. The choice of repertoire is free.
Choir competition categories, free repertoire
L1: Children choirs up to 12 years
L2: Children choirs up to 16 years
M: Youth choirs up to 21years
N: Adult choirs, min. 25 singers
O: Chamber adult choirs, 12 - 24 singers
P: Vocal ensembles, 4 - 11 singers, no microphone
R1:Sacred music - professional choirs
R2: Secular music - professional choirs
S2: Choirs of seniors
According to the number of acquired points, the international jury will award
|Diploma for participation||up to 14,99 points|
|Bronze certificate||15 - 19,99 points|
|Silver certificate||20 - 24,99 points|
|Gold certificate||25 - 29,99 points|
- The festival will take place from 12 to15 June 2014, in Bratislava.
- Each choir including the conductor, accompanying persons and bus drivers shall pay its travel expenses, expenses on accommodation and food by themselves.
- The registration fee of a choir: 1 contest category makes 200 EUR, each next one contest category makes 150 EUR .
- For participation in the festival without participation in the competition 100 EUR.
- The given registration fee is not paid back in the case of cancellation of the application.
- The organizer reserves the right to distribute individual choirs to presentations during the Holy Mass on Sunday in Bratislava and the surroundings.
- The organizer reserves the right to use video and sound records from the festival.
- The applications for the festival shall be sent and email by 1 March 2014
Festival Framework Program
THURSDAY, 12 June 2014
Arrival of foreign choirs
FRIDAY, 13 June 2014
Workshop / rehearsal for the Holy Mass
SATURDAY, 14 June 2014
6 pm Ceremonial Holy Mass in which a bishop participate and all the
choirs will sing
7 pm Competition results announcent, gala concert of competition
9.00 pm dinner reception for conductors, choir leaders
SUNDAY, 15 June 2014
Departure of choirs or volutary programmme:
Morning: performance of choirs during the Holy Mass in Bratislava
Afternoon: a tour to Pilgrim's place in Marianka (Mariathal), 20km from
Bratislava with a spontaneous performance of the individual choirs
Evening: an independent concert in Bratislava or the surrounding area
can be arranged
a boat trip on the Danube with a visit to Devin castle
» Festival Programme
In addtion to the competition perfomances choirs can:
» 1. sing during Holy Mass
On Sunday morning choirs can separately sing in churches in Bratislava and the surroundings. The choice of singing program shall be adjusted to liturgy. The singing repertoire a capella for performance during Holy Mass . A copy of the note repertoire for Holy Mass performance shall be sent. Final decision on where and what the choirs will sing shall be made by the festival organizers.
» 2. give official performance
- On Saturday night all the choirs will sing together at the ceremonious Holy Mass with a bishop’s participation.
- On Thursday or Friday choirs will separately present a 15-20 minute a cappella programme at concerts in Jesuit Church (sacred music programme) or in Klarisky concert hall (free music programme).
The literature of common songs sung during the Holy Mass (Kyrie, Gloria, Sanctus, Agnus Dei) will be sent after enrolment for the festival. Individual sections of the Holy Mass such as Introitus, Offertorium, and Communio will be sung by the particular choirs selected by the festival artistic director.
» 3. give an individual concert
The choirs separately can give a concert in churches in Bratislava or the surroundings on Sunday night. The a cappella sacral concert program with the note material shall be enclosed with the application.
This program is voluntary, the choirs interested in it must sent till April 15th,2014
- Concert program 15-20minute, 30 minute on Sunday evening (name of the composition, composer full name, length of the compositions)
- The copy of score for competition works
- The program must be sacred and a capella
ACCOMMODATION AND BOARD:
Each choir including the conductor, accompanying people and bus drivers shall pay their travel expenses, expenses on accommodation and food.
Price per person:
The package price includes:
• 3x night and breakfast in hotel
• guidance during the whole stay
• Bratislava sightseeing tour
• opening concert for participants
• public concert performance for participating choirs
• final ceremony with cultural programme
• information material
Package 4 Hotel *** in Bratislava city centre
3x night/breakfast in twin bed rooms in a *** hotel /additional fee of 101 EUR for a single room/
Package 3 Hotel ***
3x night/breakfast in twin bed rooms in a *** hotel (additional fee of 60 EUR for a single room)
Package 2 Hotel **
3x night/breakfast in two star hotels - 2 rooms with a shared bathroom, WC, 2-3 beds/ (additional fee for a single room)
Package 1 - Hostel
3x night/breakfast, 4-bed rooms, common bathrooms, Hostel. (additional fee of 35 EUR for a single room)
The organizers reserve the right to arrange accommodation and catering of the participating choirs.
» Important dates
- 30 April 2014 - Deadline for the first payment for room and board - 50%
- 31 May 2014 - Deadline for the final payment for room and board.
» Bank transfer
Holder of account: Bratislava Music Agency
84106, Bratislava IV, Slovak rep.
Bank: Slovenská sporitelna a.s., Bratislava- Suche Myto 6,
Account Nr.: 0631809658/0900
Swift code: GIBASKBX
Choir Apollo, Bratislava
Choral music agency
Art Director of the festival
||00421 908 693 395